How should I manage data?
Well-managed data is:
- intelligible and verifiable, because it is well-documented
- findable, because it is well organised and uses useful filenames
- protected against loss, corruption and authorised access, because it is backed up and secured appropriately
- easy to share, because mechanisms for protecting confidentiality and intellectual property have been considered
- maintainable, because it is managed in a way that suits the research group that uses it
- compliant with relevant laws and policies